Are you the go to person when your friends need an invitation designed for their birthday party or wedding? Do you have friends who hit you up to design a website for their new business ventures? Are you a creative person who takes pride in their work and loves to make stuff look good? Do you equally enjoy the thrill of finding solutions to problems which the world of front-end web development throws at you? Once you create a new design do you have endless ideas of how you could animate the various elements and bring them to life through user interaction?
Then we have the role for you: Creative Technologist / Digital Designer
The day to day for you here is to utilise these skills to develop rich, mobile web ad creatives for top tier brands. You can see the type of stuff we make here. This is just the public facing stuff. Behind the scenes you’ll be involved in crafting crazy, new, world-first ad formats, creating tech demos for our sales team and contributing to UX and ideas to our development efforts.
Being the top designer you are, we expect (slash insist) that you have a kickass portfolio that you’ll shoot through to us with a cover letter that’s personalised to us in some way to highlight your attention to detail.
PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We’re a fast-growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of mobile experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
We’re a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
You’ll find yourself in the Design team, a quirky little outfit consisting of hybrid designers / front-end developers who service everything from pre-sale to sold campaigns with team members in both AU and the UK/EU with US just around the corner.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Read through briefs placed on our Kanban board by our sales team or producer
- Ideation on ideas where necessary to come up with the best solution for the brand you are responding to
- Working to complete briefs through a combination of design and development skills on our studio platform
- Juggling competing deadlines and be cognitive and assertive with prioritisation and communication around timeline feasibilities
- Risk and dependency management skills to anticipate roadblocks and flag them or fix them when necessary
- Communicate and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Sit in on creative kick-off meetings or brainstorm and offer expert advice.
- Working with our cutting edge Attention tracking technology to determine best creative practice to result in best Attention Time.
- Multitasker able to work under pressure: be comfortable managing and prioritising a range of different projects with multiple design and development requirements with multiple stakeholders, in a calm and methodical way
- Deep understanding of design: have experience working with the creation of graphical elements (bonus points if it is digital media specific) and have a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the field.
- Stakeholder management: translate very technical terminology to non-digital stakeholders.
- Keen eye for detail and understanding of brand: be naturally inclined towards spotting the devil in the details and flag them before they make it to the client desk. Be able to help in decision making about if a design does or does not meet the client branding requirements.
- Experience working in the advertising/media industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Frontend development or relevant field.
- Experience working with REACT, PHP or other server side frameworks
- Proven track record of working in agile teams
- UX / UI skills
- Killer serve in table tennis.
We do offer flexible working arrangements but we are after someone predominantly based in London or someone who is comfortable with traveling into London on a regular basis.
Please send your CV, portfolio and a cover letter describing why you’re the crazy misfit that’s fit for this team that will change our status quo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be eligible to work in the UK