PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We’re a fast growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of mobile experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
We’re a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We have an amazing group of engineers who have built a suite of groundbreaking products that unlock the power of attention measurement and creative optimisation as part of our Attention Intelligence Platform (AIP) team. This team is growing up and looking to expand. As such, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to give our engineers the best guidance and support to succeed every day.
The role involves working closely with the engineers and product managers across a range of product teams to support in the delivery of our roadmap. It’s essential that as part of this role, you will keep excellent communication lines with team members to keep them engaged and motivated. We really want someone who understands engineering challenges, strives to encourage team members and identifies opportunities to introduce improvements to our processes.
- Oversee the team’s overall technical roadmap, and facilitate and contribute to technical discussions.
- Advocate for and grow our team’s processes and best practices, and encourage technical excellence.
- Understand the code bases at a high level and participate in reviewing code changes.
- Manage a diverse team of engineers, who work on both backend and frontend components of our web applications.
- Hold 1-1s, conduct performance reviews, create documentation, and recruit and hire for the team. Continue evolving our hiring process, on boarding and training, and our leveling up guide.
- Keep your team members engaged, and coach them to help them grow their careers.
- Collaborate with Product and stakeholders to identify, prioritize and develop new features and improvements for our products, as well as help to provide support for any issues.
- Help define product requirements and translate requests into actionable tasks.
- Own team’s products fully and ensure priorities are met by their deadlines. Unblock engineers if necessary.
- Learn our business and industry, and ensure the team has the context necessary to make decisions and understand priorities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Technically strong, with a history of successfully shipping products into production
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams, from engineering to product to stakeholder teams
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Core understanding of web applications, including overall front end architecture, APIs concepts and backend data layer
- Ability to break down a request into actionable tasks
- Critical thinker, able to break down complex problems and work with ambiguity
- Organized, self-starter with proactive attitude
- Ability to independently manage workload
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to motivate a team and build consensus for decisions
- Strong collaborative attitude
We’ll look very favourably on someone:
- Has worked with engineering teams to build out products in the ad tech ecosystem
Technologies we work with:
- Typescript, NodeJS, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, Bash, Redis…
- Express, Loopback, Knex, CubeJS, BigQuery
- Jest, Enzyme
- Docker, GKE
- Jira, Slack
- Must have the right to work in Australia
What we offer:
- A fantastic company culture driven by hard-working but fun people
- The opportunity to build industry leading ad tech products
- A competitive salary package
- Flexible work policy with ability to work from home most of the time
- Complete company transparency including monthly status updates
- A team culture where contribution is valued in architecture, workflow and tech stack decisions
TO APPLY:Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief cover letter describing why you think this is the right role for you.