PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles and New York. We also recently joined the GumGum Group, which is headquartered in the US, and has helped to widen our global reach.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We’re a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
As the Finance Manager of PLAYGROUND XYZ, you will be working closely with the Head of Finance as well as senior leadership within the organisation. You will be the go-to person for all Accounts and Finance matters within a rapidly growing business in the martech space.
You’ll enjoy birthday time off, wellbeing time off as well as a flexible home/office work environment. We recognise and reward loyal Playas through additional annual leave allowances as well as support further relevant study opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
Group Entity’s Financial Accounting:
Manage the day to day accounting operations, but amongst other things, will include:
- Payroll processing and related payroll reporting
- Oversight and overall responsibility of the AP and AR functions, ensuring aging analysis and turnover days is closely monitored
- Ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Preparation of Company Income Tax returns across the Group’s entities
- Preparation and submission of periodic IAS, BAS, PTX, FBT, Pensions returns and overseas VAT returns
- Accurate and timely reporting of Consolidated reports
- Periodic reporting to our Parent Co
- AusIndustry R&D Incentive Project Management and Reporting
- Ensuring the statutory accounts are prepared in accordance with local GAAP
Treasury and Cash Flow
- Management and monitoring of Group working capital and available cash flow
- Ensuring ensuring that Credit Limits are established for every client and adhered to on an ongoing basis
Budgets and Forecasts
- Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring that Budgets and Forecasts are accurate and realistic and prepared in a timely manner, with monthly updates throughout the year
- Liaising with department heads on a monthly basis to reforecast revenues and major opex areas
Internal Processes and Controls
- Ad hoc integration and finance transformation projects
- Identify and implement Group Finance Policies in readiness for an external audit engagement
- Ensuring compliance with relevant local financial legislation and standards
- Ensuring that financial systems are adequate for the needs of the business and are functioning as intended
- Ensuring that internal processes are efficient and working effectively, and are adapted as necessary to take into account changes in the business as new services are developed
Who you are:
- Ambitious, dedicated, hungry to learn and up for a challenge
- Have finance experience in the advertising/media sector would be beneficial, as is prior experience in working in a startup environment would be favourably considered
- Previous experience in a Big4 or mid-tier accounting firm would be advantageous
- CPA/CA qualified
- Good understanding of US and Australian GAAP
- Company Tax computation and Reporting
- Influencing and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business requirements
- Team management
Send a CV to email@example.com with a brief cover letter describing why you think this is the right role for you.