Playground xyz is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye-tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We’re a young-ish, fast-growing business working with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of rich media experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards. Most recently we won the IAB Advertising Effectiveness Award at the Measure Up awards.
We’re a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
We have a role for an Account Manager and that’s where you come in.
What we’re looking for:
We’re searching for a multi-talented, ambitious designer who understands the power of visual storytelling and how it can kickstart the effectiveness of marketing activity. You relish the challenge of creating and applying brand visuals to create a range of compelling materials, from digital images, illustrations and infographics to printed materials, exhibition stands and presentations.
As well as being interested in all things design, you’ll have an appreciation for marketing and be brimming with ideas on how to visually communicate company and product USPs – you may even have a wider interest in content marketing strategies and tactics.
You’ll need to be ready to work independently – you’ll have access and working relationships with a global team of incredibly talented designers who spend their time creating award-winning digital ads, but this role will sit separately, being the first creative hire for a brand-new marketing function. You’ll be reporting to and working alongside the Marketing Lead, helping create the content and brand activations that will effectively communicate the Playground xyz offering to a global audience.
- Job type: Full time
- Supervisor/Manager: Marketing Lead & Head of Growth
- Location: Sydney or London (Flexible)
- Respond to briefs developed by you and the Marketing Lead and Head of Growth
- Proactive, long-term briefs, such as ongoing content series and research study reports
- Reactive, quick turnaround briefs, such as social media images and webpage updates (no coding experience required)
- Ideation where necessary to come up with the best solution for the challenge you are responding to
- Juggling competing deadlines and be cognitive and assertive with prioritisation and communication around timeline feasibilities
- Risk and dependency management skills to anticipate roadblocks and flag them or fix them when necessary
- Communicate and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with creation, management and organisation of brand assets
- Ensure a uniform, consistent global brand
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced proficiency in core design and motion-design programmes – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Also comfortable working in Google Slides / Keynote / PowerPoint
- Multitasker able to work under pressure: be comfortable managing and prioritising a range of different projects with multiple design requirements and multiple stakeholders in a calm and methodical way
- Efficiency, identifying opportunities to create templates and reusable assets
- Deep understanding of design: have experience working with the creation of graphical elements (bonus points if it is visual identity specific) and motion assets
- Ability to consider how graphic assets and materials should be used to achieve marketing goals – Who are the audience? What is the message? What’s the best way to communicate that message to that audience?
- Offering up ideas – what cool stuff can we create?
- Experience working in the advertising/media industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or relevant field
- Motion Graphics skills/experience
- Experience working with WordPress
- UX / UI skills
Salary & Benefits
£32,000 – £37,000 dependent on experience
$56,500 – $65,500 dependent on experience
If you’d like to apply to be our new Graphic Designer, please send your CV, portfolio and a covering letter describing why you’re right for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org