PLAYGROUND XYZ is a marketing technology business that started in Sydney and now with operations in Melbourne, Brisbane, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York. Now just under 6 years old and 60+ employees we’re a team of digital natives who like to trailblaze, do things differently and have fun along the way.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
To date, we’ve used the AI to build and hone a suite of high impact, attention grabbing ad formats and a high attention marketplace (our integrated / coupled offering – think Kargo or Teads on steroids). Now, we’re embarking on our standalone attention measurement and optimization offering (our de-coupled / DMP play – think Moat or IAS for attention). Together our goal is that both product lines will create a frenzy around Attention Time as a metric and currency.
We’re already winning awards (IAB etc) for the new tech. We’re a leader in APAC and growing quickly in EMEA. Your job is to capitalise on our momentum and translate that to the US to guide us on making that our biggest market within a couple of years.
What we’re looking for
A passionate leader to run our US business.
Of course, you will be able to open doors with the most senior media agencies, but importantly, you will be able to work with our sellers to drive the subsequent opportunity down through the ranks and make it happen.
You’ll be known as a thought leader and be able to demonstrate your deep understanding of ad tech. You’ll have the contacts, knowledge and drive to take the 6 years of creds we’ve built in APAC and turn it into a US success story.
- Job type: Full time
- Location: New York
- Supervisor / Manager: CEO
Main duties / responsibilities
- Lead the PXYZ expansion throughout the US
- Drive the adoption of our technology and tools.
- Build out a plan for growth and manage a local P&L.
- Act as an ambassador for PXYZ in industry circles.
- Set the strategic direction of the local entity, work with partners on requirements and keep us ahead of the curve
Skills / experience
- Proven sales leader with 10+ years in the media industry
- Minimum 5+ years’ senior management experience
- Excellent track record hitting sales targets.
- Deep knowle across digital media, programmatic, ad tech and mobile
- Exceptional digital agency contacts across the major holding groups in NY and LA
- Player/Coach person who can lead from the front and bridge the gap from C-suite meetings to actually making something happen.
- Highly strategic thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and put together cohesive plans to overcome.
- Self-starter, want to be on the fast track to success, driven, restless.
What you can expect in return
- A seat at the decision-making table with the company founders and executive team who will take your lead on how we grow the US together.
- A great product with a proven appetite from leading agencies and global brands in APAC and EMEA
- The opportunity to be a pivotal part of a fast-growing company in its ‘scale up’ phase, to prove yourself and grow a team under you.
- A great Salary and uncapped Commission package (Salary TBD based on candidate)
- Access to the Employee Share Option Plan
- An approved budget with 3x sales headcount pre-approved to hire.
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org