PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Singapore, Hong Kong, London and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We’re a fast growing business working with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of rich media experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards. Most recently we won the IAB Advertising Effectiveness Award at the Measure Up awards.
We’re a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
In late 2021, we were acquired by global ad tech giant GumGum who is fuelling our incredibly high growth and taking our products truly global.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We pride ourselves on hiring only great talent. People who dream of great things and have the passion and tenacity to pull them off. You should expect to be given a task, knock it out of the park and be rewarded for it. The right candidate will thrive in a high performance culture where you’re expected to shine and in return you can expect a high level of excellence from the team around you.
The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. They act as an employee champion and change agent with an eye on culture. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HR Manager seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the needs and culture of the organization.
The HR Manager for JAPAC will operate across a wide variety of HR areas including employee experience & engagement, benefits & perks administration, compensation planning, organizational design, diversity & inclusion and more. Regional offices include Australia, Japan, New Zealand and Singapore. The ideal candidate will speak Japanese and understand HR practices in Japan in addition to Australia. Reporting directly into the Head of Growth with a ‘dotted-line’ into the Sr. Director, HR Business Partner at headquarters,, this role maintains an effective level of business knowledge, its financial measures, culture and competition.
Head of Growth
- Lead and support the alignment of business initiatives with employees and management
- Conduct regular, pro-active meetings with employees, managers and leaders to develop, assess, and anticipate HR related needs
- Provide consultative guidance and support to the business as they evolve HR and people practices
- Consult with management, providing HR guidance on a variety of issues and topics
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- In partnership with headquarters, manage and administer regional benefits and perks practices
- Answer employee questions related to benefits and perks
- Conduct regional new employee orientation
- Conduct exit interviews and share thematic results back to leadership and headquarters
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations when needed
- Counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, escalating issues as appropriate
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment law matters related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Consult with General Counsel and/or external employment law attorneys as needed/required
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement)
- Help manage the annual performance management and compensation planning, as well as quarterly goals process
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Provide guidance and input on organizational design, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning
- Leverage metrics and insights to inform recommendations on people practices
- Deliver insights and reports to leadership as needed
- Establish leadership presence, credibility and trustworthiness across regional offices
- Design and manage change management and communications plans
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs; may deliver training programs as needed
- Draft and edit job descriptions, advise on compensation, and collaborate with talent acquisition and hiring managers on interviewing and advising on selection
- Facilitate effective on-boarding and exit processes; provide tools to managers for effective onboarding
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to a high standard of professional conduct
- Keep pulse on HR and industry trends
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
● At least 6 years’ relevant HR and employee relations experience
● Hands-on experience and working knowledge across multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational design, benefits & perks administration, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
● Experience proactively consulting with employees and leaders on a variety of HR and organizational topics at all levels of the organization
- Experience administering benefits plans
● Significant experience resolving complex employee relations issues
● Interest and acumen in understanding business concepts and models
● Experience designing and management change management / communication plans
● Experience with organizational design and planning
● Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
● Demonstrated experience exercising a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
● Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
● Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and focus on continuous improvement or practices and programs
● Possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships
● Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
● Strong problem-solving and project management skills
● Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
● Possess a sense of urgency to the creation and completion of projects and solutions
● Japanese language skills to help manage the HR needs of our Japan office
● HR experience within technology, advertising technology, and/or media industries
● Bachelor’s degree in HR or organizational design or relevant industry experience
● HR certificate and/or advanced degree is a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
TBD based on candidate
Send a CV to email@example.com with a brief cover letter describing why you think this is the right role for you.