PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximising attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionise the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We’re a fast growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of mobile experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
We’re a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We have an amazing group of engineers who have built a suite of groundbreaking products that unlock the power of attention measurement and creative optimisation as part of our Attention Intelligence Platform (AIP) team. This team is growing up and looking to expand. As such, we are looking for a Lead Full Stack Engineer to support the team on our operations and reporting attention measurement portal.
The role involves working closely with the engineers and product manager across one of our product teams to support the delivery of our roadmap. It’s essential that as part of this role, you will keep excellent communication lines with the team to plan, advise, discuss and solve all the technical challenges of the product. We really want someone who understands the architecture of user facing applications and their respective APIs, strives to encourage team members and identifies opportunities to introduce improvements in our tech stack.
- Facilitate and contribute to technical discussions.
- Advocate for and grow the team’s efficiency in delivering ongoing technical improvements to the product and best practices relevant to the tech stack
- Understand the relevant code bases in depth and capable of providing valuable feedback in reviewing code changes.
- Continuously create and update documentation for the overall product and the technical components that represent it
- Participate in technical rounds for any ongoing recruitment for the team.
- Educate all engineers to keep them up to date with the tech stack and ensure engineers are aware of the technical challenges of new initiatives
- Collaborate with Product and stakeholders to identify, prioritise and develop new features and improvements for our products, as well as help to provide support for any issues.
- Help define technical requirements and breakdown into actionable tasks.
- Take ownership of monitoring production environments and actioning support requests for the product from stakeholders
- Own team’s products fully and ensure priorities are met by their deadlines with appropriate testing in place. Unblock engineers if necessary.
- Learn our business and industry, and ensure the team has the context necessary to make decisions and understand priorities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Technically strong, with a history of successfully shipping products into production
- Experience mentoring team members
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Core understanding of web applications, including overall front end architecture and backend data layer
- Experience with concepts such as – Authentication, Authorisation, Caching, Data aggregation, Data ingestion, Unit testing and Integration testing
- Ability to break down business requirements into technical requirements for actionable tasks
- Critical thinker, able to break down complex problems and work with ambiguity
- Organised, self-starter with proactive attitude
- Ability to independently manage workload
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to encourage team members and build consensus for decisions
- Strong collaborative attitude
We’ll look very favourably on someone:
- Other technologies used by the teams – Google Cloud Platform, Browser APIs, Data
- Has worked with engineering teams to build out products in the ad tech ecosystem
Other technologies we work with:
- Express, Loopback, Knex, CubeJS, BigQuery
- Jest, Enzyme
- Docker, GKE
- Jira, Slack
- Must have full working rights in Australia
What we offer:
- A fantastic company culture driven by hard-working but fun people
- The opportunity to build industry leading ad tech products
- A competitive salary package
- Flexible work policy with ability to work from home most of the time
- Complete company transparency including monthly status updates
- A team culture where contribution is valued in architecture, workflow and tech stack decisions
Send a CV to Enzo.Daza@playgroundxyz.com and describe in a few lines why you think this is the right
role for you.