Who we are…
PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of measuring and maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first ML system that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our system is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We are an enthusiastic global team and a fast-growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of adtech experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and technology. Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
To support our next phase of product development we’re looking for an ML and Data Science focused engineer to join our Attention Science product team and report into our Chief Scientist. The Attention Intelligence Platform (AIP) is the world’s first machine learning powered ad stack built to measure and maximize Attention Time on ads. AIP depends on high quality eye tracking panel data collected in ad recall studies. It’s an award-winning solution for brands that want to succeed in the attention economy and secure the best possible results from their ad spend.
In this role you’ll be developing machine learning models and integrating them into our mobile application data processing stack. These apps help us identify ads as they appear in native environments, and correlate with our eye tracking technology to measure attention time on ads. Key skills include: Experience with object detection systems in pyTorch or TensorFlow. Experience in optimizing ML systems for on-device performance. Experience with building cloud based ML Solutions using Docker, GCP, and Vertex AI.
What you’ll be doing…
- Assessing object detection implementations for ad detection
- Fine tuning pre-trained models
- Integrating and Optimisation of models to run on android devices
- Building, deploying and monitoring models in Vertex AI on GCP
- Designing and running data labeling tasks for model evaluation
- Longer term machine learning projects:
- Classification of ads into formats and industry verticals.
- Working on our large scale multi-format attention prediction models.
Who you are…
- You have 3+ years experience in a machine learning development role (required)
- Strong programming skills with Python, SQL and Unix (required)
- Experience with a Android development in either Java or Kotlin (desirable)
- Integrating ML models from TensorFlow Lite or ML Kit (required)
- You put a focus on practical outcomes rather than the latest algorithms.
- Open and collaborative nature, ability to discuss your experiments and work through problems.
- The opportunity to ride a rocket ship. You’ll play a pivotal part in our business during its ‘scale up’ phase by supporting the delivery of game-changing new products.
- An amazing company culture, driven by passionate people who love their work, but also love to have FUN!
- The opportunity to work with some cutting edge technologies as well as the freedom to continue to push the boundaries of what we do.
- Career progression galore. The company is growing at a crazy rate and you will be too!
- A progressive work from home policy.
- A competitive salary package.
Send a CV to email@example.com with a brief cover letter describing why you think this is the right role for you