- Full time, Permanent role
- CBD location with flexible working from home arrangement
- Must have the right to work in Australia
PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles and New York.
We are looking for a product designer to join the PLAYGROUND XYZ Product Design team to help achieve our focus of becoming the world leader in attention-based advertising. We would love to hear from product designers who have a strong background in the following:
- User experience
- iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Data and analytics
- Facilitating Design Sprints or similar methodologies
Help us improve our user experiences on pioneering, world-first ad-tech software. Build out our internal systems and public-facing applications as we enter a new growth phase.
A diversity of ideas and perspectives are vital to good product design. Therefore, at the core of every Product team at PLAYGROUND XYZ, there is a product manager, engineer and product designer who collaborate daily with specialists from data and analytics, marketing, creative, sales and operations. As a product designer at PLAYGROUND XYZ, you are at the heart of delivering the best experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. You will have the opportunity to define critical large-scale platforms, innovation projects, and an array of valuable new features that drive PLAYGROUND XYZ growth by blending user needs with our business goals.
Design at PLAYGROUND XYZ has a strong voice in the senior leadership team; our ideas, values and processes are respected and seen as critical to helping PLAYGROUND XYZ produce successful products. As part of the design team, you will have opportunities to build your skills as a designer, find new avenues to grow and have a voice in our future product direction.
You will be responsible for:
- Facilitating workshops that validate product hypothesis, discover customer goals and define product requirements
- Documenting customer journeys and the delivery of relevant UX assets such as personas, experience maps, system diagramming etc.
- Designing solutions for product growth and efficiency
- Working with high-performance cross-functional teams to bring ideas to life and ship new features that deliver impactful change
- Gathering feedback to analyse the overall efficacy of launched solutions to identify pain points and iterate on them
- Helping build and maintain product documentation, design systems, files, and component libraries to promote and ensure product-wide visual consistency
What you will need:
Time spent working in a user experience, product design, or closely related role with demonstrable knowledge in the following area:
- Design research and usability studies
- Turning behavioural information into actionable insights
- Information architecture, multi-step flows and interaction principles/best practises
- Conceptualisation and visual communication
- Experience designing for apps with an understanding of Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design
- Design systems and component libraries to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- An understanding of modern front-end languages, including HTML, CSS, and React.
- Web accessibility and how to design accessible applications
In addition to:
- Self-motivation and a genuine desire to build new product experiences that create tangible business and customer value
- Communicating and sharing your work to get feedback from your teammates
- The ability to work in an Agile environment
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- A preference for Figma, Miro, Slack and Google
- An online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
A little about us
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximising attention. We have built the world’s first AI to measure how long an ad is looked at – a metric we call Attention Time. Fuelled and verified by eye-tracking data but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionise how digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We are a fast-growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
We are a passionate, enthusiastic team who genuinely spend our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products. Join us today.
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.