PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye-tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We’re a fast-growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of mobile experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
We’re a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most – creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
To support our next phase of growth we’re looking for a passionate QA Engineer to join our ever-growing team of superstars. We have ambitious growth plans as a business and this role will be critical in helping us scale as well as ensuring that the quality of our products is top-notch.
We’re looking for someone who can work autonomously and who is keen to take full ownership of the QA discipline within Playground XYZ. You’ll be partnering with multiple product teams and will have the opportunity to be involved in the creation and evolution of a wide range of cutting edge products. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to apply your own experience, processes and tools to generate success in this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying best practice QA processes and methodologies across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Partnering with product teams to create comprehensive and robust test plans and strategies from user stories and other artefacts.
- Owning the end to end QA process including test automation, regression testing, front-end UI difference testing, manual testing and management of UAT cycles.
- Preparation of test reports and other artefacts to convey issues in a clear and concise format.
- Recommending and leading the implementation of test automation tools.
- Building a deep understanding of our existing products and users.
- Taking full ownership of your discipline and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
Who you are:
- Extensive, demonstrable experience in test automation and management of a quality assurance process in a software development process.
- Experienced with industry recognised test automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Cypress, Puppeteer.
- You have experience in a QA focused role working with iOS and Android mobile applications.
- You’re comfortable with browser inspection and console log review.
- You have experience testing API’s using tools like Postman.
- You’ve worked in an agile environment across multiple products and technologies while in a QA focused role.
- Comfortable working autonomously and taking ownership of your function.
- Collaborative in your approach and able to work harmoniously with cross-functional product teams, stakeholders and the wider business.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail and an ability to transform unstructured, ambiguous problems into something solvable.
Other requirements: You must have the right to work in Australia
Bonus points if you:
- Have an understanding of containerised applications (Docker, Kubernetes) and horizontally scaled applications.
- Experience in performance, load and smoke testing.
- A fantastic company culture driven by hard-working but fun people
- The opportunity to build industry leading ad tech products
- A competitive salary package
- Flexible work policy with ability to work from home most of the time
- The opportunity to ride a rocket ship. You’ll play a pivotal part in our business during its ‘scale up’ phase by supporting the delivery of game-changing new products.
- An amazing company culture, driven by passionate people who love their work, but also love to have FUN!
- The opportunity to work with some cutting edge technologies as well as the freedom to continue to push the boundaries of what we do.
- Career progression galore. The company is growing at a crazy rate and you will be too!
- A progressive work from home policy.
- A competitive salary package.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.