PLAYGROUND XYZ is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of measuring and maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first ML system that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fuelled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our system is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We are an enthusiastic global team and a fast-growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of adtech experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and technology. Our tech is being used by top 100 brands across the globe. We’ve won coveted ‘Marketing Technology Company of the Year’ awards from both B&T and Mumbrella and featured twice as a Rising Star in the Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Awards.
To support our next phase of product development we’re looking for a superstar data science professional to join our Attention Science product team and report into our Chief Scientist.
The Attention Intelligence Platform (AIP) is the world’s first machine learning powered ad stack built to measure and maximize Attention Time on ads. AIP depends on high quality eye tracking panel data collected in ad recall studies. It’s the award-winning solution for brands that want to succeed in the attention economy, stand out from the pack, and secure the best possible results from their ad spend.
In this role you’ll be developing tools and experiments to improve our machine learning models and understand the role of page context in Ad attention. Key skills include: understanding of what drives machine learning models and how to improve them, experience doing large scale aggregation based feature engineering, and an understanding of experimental design and hypothesis testing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing features and models for new rich media ad formats
- Analyzing eye tracking data to curate training sets
- Developing a framework to test web page similarity metrics
- Running experiments to test the impact of NLP based metrics on attention time.
- Contributing to research whitepapers.
- Longer term opportunities in NLP, CV, Optimisation or Experimentation
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years experience in a data science development role.
- Post-graduate qualifications in data science or similar (statistics, computer science)
- Strong programming skills with knowledge of Python, SQL and Unix
- Experience with a Cloud Vendor Stack (preferably GCP)
- You put a focus on building reusable code components for repeatable data science.
- Open and collaborative nature, ability to discuss your experiments and work through problems.
- The opportunity to ride a rocket ship. You’ll play a pivotal part in our business during its ‘scale up’ phase by supporting the delivery of game-changing new products.
- An amazing company culture, driven by passionate people who love their work, but also love to have FUN!
- The opportunity to work with some cutting edge technologies as well as the freedom to continue to push the boundaries of what we do.
- Career progression galore. The company is growing at a crazy rate and you will be too!
- A progressive work from home policy.
- A competitive salary package.